Wednesday, December 31, 2008
And a BIG thank you to those that have helped spread the word about my blog, whether you linked to it on your own blog/website, forwarded posts, or just mentioned it to friends...THANK YOU!
As long as the AR groups continue toward their ultimate goal of "animal liberation", I WILL BE HERE.
As long as the AR groups continue to DUPE the public out of millions of dollars in the name of "animal welfare", I WILL BE HERE.
As long as it takes to WIN the war for owner/breeder rights...I WILL BE HERE.
Until next year, hugs to you and your dogs(or whatever animals you own)!
Now, how about this for a new year's resolution?...RESOLVE that in 2009 YOU will become MORE vocal in fighting for YOUR rights that the Animal Rights groups want to take away...RESOLVE that in 2009 YOU will become ACTIVE in letter/fax campaigns when anti-pet/anti-ownership laws rear their ugly heads.
Do it for yourself, do it for your fellow dog fanciers, do it for the pet owners/breeders of the future, but most of all, do it for the ANIMALS.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sports Illustrated writer, Jim Gorant, has written an excellent article entitled "What Happened to Michael Vick's Dogs..". The issue, which features a pit bull on the cover, goes on sale today. I highly recommend reading it. Tissue alert!
Aug 17, 2008
Interesting piece of fiction. However, it is time for a reality check. I am Wayne's Aunt. You can call me Harriet.
I am really surprised that Wayne Pacelle, my nephew, would re-visit Michael Vick or Hurricane Katrina.
Let’s examine his request for "special donations" for Michael Vick’s dogs. And, before we do that, first you must understand that at no time … that means NEVER for the animal rights’ faithful … were these dogs in the care, custody, and control of the HSUS. They wanted these dogs dead. That was recommended by the HSUS to be their fate. HSUS had "no business" telling anyone what to do with these dogs once they were no longer considered as evidentiary.
Pacelle hires criminals. Case in point is John "JP" Goodwin, the HSUS “dog fighting expert." What exactly are his qualifications you might ask? What was Wayne hoping to find on the resumes of prospective candidates for this position... DOMESTIC TERRORIST perhaps? The FBI has Goodwin higher up the food chain than Al Qaida!
Goodwin is a high school dropout who set fires. When he couldn't sit down in an intelligent fashion to get his point of view expressed in any other manner, he simply set another fire. Would you like to see his photograph in his ANIMAL LIBERATION FRONT t-shirt?
In a telephone conversation that I had with HSUS office last August, I asked about the credentials and qualifications for JP Goodwin. This was the quote I vividly recall from that conversation …“Are we to judge people by their past actions? We have many people working here from PETA & ALF!!”
Good God! Pass the collection plate and tell me how to apply. I actually have a few degrees that Wayne might consider useful. Oh, let me re-think that. He would have a serious problem with me. My brain is NOT pre-programmed to the Tower of (Pacelle) Babel. I am not fast tracking to buy his baloney. He can't sell it to me. Since I was never a PETA-trained "operative", he wouldn't be able to flip my switch and hardwire me to his way of thinking.
Pacelle, my nephew, is an AR zealot at the controls of a cash-generating machine. No less. No more. His agenda is so clear that it is transparent. Irwin, the former Prez, was an "ordained minister." Boy, that sure came in handy when he appealed from the animals rights' pulpit to SEND MONEY, SEND MONEY, SEND MONEY.
Every time there is a fire, flood, or crisis in the United States, you can bet your last dollar that Wayne Pacelle and his “volunteers” will be there for a photo opportunity and, within hours, he will be pleading for more money.
Pacelle knows his ship is taking on water. His days of rhetoric spewing are numbered. There are too many eyes watching him … and … following the money!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Tonight I was visiting some blogs that I read often when I came across an eye-catching widget for a site called Dogtime. Hmm, that sounded promising: a site for dog lovers that I could potentially list my blog! I began to prowl around the site 'cuz you never know these days...
One of the first things I checked out was their Partners link. Call me a skeptic, but before I ever clicked on that link, I had a sinking feeling I knew what I would find. And it wouldn't be good. Nope. Not at all.
"One Generation and OUT"...
Does Dogtime NOT realize that by aligning themselves with Animal Rights groups (that cleverly disguise themselves as animal welfare) that they are HELPING to push their agenda of no pet ownership, much less the agenda to wipe out purebred dog breeding?? Does Dogtime NOT realize that the HSUS is an OPPONENT of the NO-KILL shelter movement?
Be careful with whom you lie down with...those fleas are a bitch.
Friday, December 26, 2008
The Endangered Owner blog wants you...yes, YOU, to help educate the masses by becoming a guest blogger!
Have you written an article or essay pertaining to the issues at hand? If so, I would like to feature it here.
Don't be shy! Contact me!
Monday, December 22, 2008
We CAN expose the deceptive Humane Society of the United States without hiring an expensive p.r. firm...Animal owners are quite capable of doing their own public relations by way of the internet, blogs, email, forums, etc...All we have to do is USE those tools to OUR advantage the same way the ARs have done for decades.
If you have a blog, simply pass it forward! Send it to your email lists and post in forums! (But please, do so responsibly, don't spam, k?) What are you waiting for??? JOIN THE CRUSADE AGAINST THE HSUS!
The following is from the petdefense blog:
Do you know one of the fastest methods of marketing used to quickly gain other participants, which can be exponential in breadth and scope –is by using levels of people. Just pick out say 10-50 as an initial goal, and all you do is forward this article. That’s right. This is just to inform people of the truth. Many pet owners or fanciers, business owners or community people have tons of friends and others who would like to KNOW the truth. People who want to buy a dog. People who don’t know about HSUS.
Make sure to tell THEM to do the same thing with 10-50 emails. This is VITAL. Do not spam people. Either send to someone you know, or post it online somewhere (blog, forum, newspaper blog replies, Kijiji forum, wherever..) This is for education purposes. HSUS hires telemarketers. We don’t need to hire telemarketers because we already have enough people.
We have way more people than HSUS does. Especially if each person does what is stated above. If you know anything about math, (exponential power) you can see that we can get millions of postings and emails. And when millions of people know, they tell others. That is how Obama got a lot of people to vote. Email and posting online.
You know how rumors get started and end up as “urban legends?”
Well, we are going to make this one a non-urban legend about HSUS.
If you doubt the ability to get this done, then you haven’t been online enough. Word travels so fast online, it can take the place of 100 news broadcasts because so many people see it AT THE SAME TIME. HSUS is like Peta— but with the Political Push.
HSUS spends millions on programs that seek to economically cripple meat and dairy producers; eliminate the use of animals in biomedical research labs; phase out pet breeding, zoos, and circus animal acts; and demonize hunters as crazed lunatics. HSUS spends $2 million each year on travel expenses alone, just keeping its multi-national agenda going. That’s from consumerfreedom.com, but it makes no difference. It’s all true.
Still not convinced about HSUS fleecing the public? http://www.v-abs.com/HSUS.htm and http://www.humanewatch.org [ And make sure to see paragraphs below, which tell about HSUS' involvement in different lawsuits.]
In 2005 Wayne Pacelle announced the formation of a new “Animal Protection Litigation Section” within HSUS, dedicated to “the process of researching, preparing, and prosecuting animal protection lawsuits in state and federal court.” [Note: What this really means is that HSUS becomes involved in LEGISLATION aimed at stopping the selling of pets, notably dogs; HSUS puts videos on mainstream TV and then tells the public to donate, while saying HSUS is "stopping" milled dogs--but behind the scenes, they are advising cities to implement sterilization of all pets, no buying, no breeding of animals, and forced adoption of shelter animals, not buying from stores; HSUS attempts to pass laws pushing MSN, forfeiture of dogs, and restrictions of pets including no tethering, etc]
2000………….HSUS sent avowed member of Animal Liberation Front (ALF) JP Goodwin overseas on an “anti-fur” junket….less than a year later he was titled ‘legislative affairs staffer” and now (2008)–Goodwin is claimed to be an “expert” in dogfighting by HSUS, however when in court to testify as such, the court found he was NOT an expert. He may have experience being in prison, but he’s not an expert on dogs.
Goodwin stated in 1997, to the Deseret News, regarding a fire causing nearly $1,000,000 in damages to a slaughterhouse, “We’re estatic.”
HSUS hired Miyun Park, a DC anti-meat activist, who was acknowledged in 1999 as a financial benefactor of No Compromise magazine, a publication supporting ALF, which promotes arson/other violent tactics. Park was named in at least 6 federal wiretap warrants in the SHAC7 case (which resulted in 24yr total prison time for perpetrators)
2003, Ariana Huemer, HSUS govt affairs employee, apparently wrote a check to Daniel Andreas San Diego, who is presumed responsible for 10 pound shrapnel bombs detonated in 2003 at two CA biomedical research companies. One bomb had a secondary devise, timed to go off after firefighters arrived on scene.
In addition to the HSUS flagship offices in Maryland and DC, the organization’s global network includes control over the following legal corporations (this list is evolving as new information becomes available):
Alice Morgan Wright-Edith Goode Fund (DC);
Alternative Congress Trust (DC);
Animal Channel (DC);
Association Humanataria De Costa Rica;
Center for the Respect of Life and Environment (DC);
Charlotte and William Parks Foundation for Animal Welfare (DC);
Conservation Endowment Fund (see ICEC) (CA);
Earth Restoration Corps. (DC);
Earthkind Inc. (DC);
Earthkind International Inc. (DC);
Earthkind USA (DC);
Earthkind USA (MT);
Earthkind UK [ also affiliated with the International Fund for Animal Welfare];
Earthvoice International (DC);
Eating with a Conscience Campaign (DC);
HSUS Hollywood Office (formerly The Ark Trust Inc.) (CA);
Humane Society International (DC), which also operates the International Center for Earth Concerns (ICEC) in Ojai, California,the Center for Earth Concerns in Costa Rica, and the Conservation Endowment Fund in California;
Humane Society International Australian Office Inc.;
Humane Society International of Latin America;
Humane Society of the United States (DE);
Humane Society of the United States (MD);
Humane Society of the United States (MT);
Humane Society of the United States (PA);
Humane Society of the United States (VT);
Humane Society of the United States California Branch Inc. (CA);
Humane Society of the United States New Jersey Branch Inc. (NJ);
Humane Society of the United States Wildlife Land Trust (DC);
Humane Society of the United States Wildlife Land Trust (KS);
Humane Society of the United States Wildlife Land Trust (OK);
Humane Society of the United States Utah State Branch (UT);
Humane Society University (DC);
Institute for the Study of Animal Problems (DC);
Interfaith Council for the Protection of Animals and Nature (GA);
International Society for the Protection of Animals (UK);
International Wilderness Leadership Wild Foundation Inc. [d/b/a The WILD Foundation] (CA);
Kindness Club International Inc. (DC);
Meadowcreek Project Inc. (AR);
Meadowcreek Inc. (AR);
National Association for Humane and Environmental Education (DC);
National Humane Education Center (VA);
Species Survival Network (MI);
Valerie Sheppard Humane Society University (DC);
Wildlife Rehabilitation Training Center (MA);
World Federation for the Protection of Animals Inc. (DC);
World Society for the Protection of Animals (DC);
World Society for the Protection of Animals (IA);
World Society for the Protection of Animals (ND);
World Society for the Protection of Animals (VT);
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Canada;World Society for the Protection of Animals - Deutschland;
World Society for the Protection of Animals International (UK);
World Society for the Protection of Animals UK (UK); andWorldwide Network Inc. (DC).
The Humane Catalog (VA);
Humane Equity Fund [defunct] (DC);
Humane Society Press (DC);
Humane Society of the United States Connecticut Branch Inc. (CT);
Humane Society of the United States Virginia Branch Inc. (VA);
World Society for the Protection of Animals (MA);
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Australia;
World Society for the Protection of Animals Executor Services (UK);
World Society for the Protection of Animals Trading Company (UK).
This list may not be completely updated, but was at time of initial printing by consumerfreedom.com
HSUS is responsible for helping Louisville KY come up with the draconian pet laws now the subject of a federal lawsuit (2008), in which the COURT denied the amicus briefs of HSUS TWICE (in other words, the Court refused to allow it to be filed)
HSUS submitted to the Denver Fed Appellate Court this year (2008) an animcus brief claiming that dog breeds can be identified with 99% accuracy without bothering to explain such “accuracy” is only considered to be for entertainment purposes, not scientifically used as a reliable test at this stage (for breed)– due to the testing being in infancy stage. HSUS also submitted an amicus brief on the R. Stevens case, and Stevens was found not guilty in a precedential case on free speech issues (2008.)
HSUS is going around the country offering $5,000 for info leading to conviction of “dogfighters” and has purposely engaged in orchestrated raids of large and medium kennels of dogs, purposely killing ALL the dogs upon seizure, even when the court verdicts led to acquittal of the owners. HSUS solicited donations for the Vick dogs when they did not HAVE custody of such dogs!! In fact HSUS wrote letters advocating the dogs should be killed. Soliciting donations for dogs one doesn’t have amounts to fabrication. Lying.
HSUS purposely engages itself with local humane society groups so that HSUS can be involved in KENNEL RAIDS of small dogs, with the intent being that all such dogs will be seized and taken. HSUS often uses Best Friends, ASPCA, Last Chance for Animals and the like, to help out. No charges of abuse or gross neglect need be filed, in fact in one case, it was set up to seize the animals by saying there was an “environmental” violation of putting dog urine in the river. HSUS then broadcasts such RAIDS across the United States, and then helps groups sell the dogs the week following the RAID.
HSUS purposely has “merged” with other large AR groups (Doris Day, etc) and thus can more easily manipulate the MEDIA because of the excessive amounts of DONATIONS from misleading the public………………
Please forward to others who will do the same! The truth about PETA has been out for awhile, but HSUS credibilty needs to be hit with the sledgehammer. And it’s now Hammertime! AB1634 was defeated in CA with massive numbers of opposition. We need to do the same, only MORE–against HSUS.
This is just one spoke in a large wheel of many people who don’t like liars trying to force their methods down our throats……………Make sure to see Gerry Spence’s take on corporations (like HSUS) that use propaganda to dumbdown the public on TV (see http://tinyurl.com/7dkh52 Petdefense, or http://www.gerryspence.wordpress.com )
Please take a moment and vote in the above poll. You may choose more than one answer.
BSL?? MSN?? How about "Guardianship vs Ownership"?? All of these topics are detrimental to dog owners and the dogs themselves. To be able to effectively defend your rights, you need to know WHAT these things are and WHY we must all unite as ONE voice to STOP these misguided laws.
Is there something you would like to see here that is not listed in the poll? Leave a comment and tell me what it is. (you can even do so anonymously)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
It's no secret that The H$U$ has been trying for several years to re-write the USDA guidelines pertaining to dog breeders so that us hobby folks come under the same umbrella as the commercial breeders. (Remember the PAWS Legislation, anyone?) With the final defeat of PAWS, came a promise: "We'll be back..."
Follow along as I connect the dots....
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin is a promoter of AR written legislation and was Obama's mentor in agriculture...
Obama is the FIRST presidential candidate to EVER garner public support from The Humane Society of the United States (in its 50-some-odd-year history).....Illinois Senator Dick Durbin authored the soon-to-be-introduced in 2009 PUPS Legislation (another AR attempt to push hobby breeders under the USDA umbrella under the guise of stopping 'puppy mills'-- whatever that word means).
So, now the Animal Rightists have the perfect set-up for their socialist driven agenda...Dick Durbin wrote the law, Obama has pledged support for animal protection laws both publicly and in his HSLF questionnaire (Humane Society Legislative Fund)...and now Obama appoints Vilsack as Secretary of Agriculture and U.S. Senator Ken Salazar (Colorado) as Secretary of the Interior...oh...and another bunny/tree hugger fave, Lisa Jackson as head of the EPA...
All of these individuals....Durbin, Obama, Vilsack, Salazar, Jackson...were heavily endorsed by the H$U$...
Wonder if Obama realizes he is merely a puppet....with the deceptive and pro-vegan Humane Society of the United States pulling the strings???
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
This site lists* by state* laws that impact dog and other animal owners, such as BSL (Breed Specific Legislation), MSN (Mandatory Spay/Neuter), breeder "permits", and all the rest. Also, alerts are given for upcoming city/council/county meetings where proposed laws will be discussed or voted upon. The report also covers laws in other countries. If you are a dog owner, this site is a MUST READ...remember: Forewarned is Forearmed.
The report is compiled monthly by volunteers, Ken Sondej of the Silver State Kennel Club, Inc, and Linda D. Witouski of the Myrtle Beach Kennel Club, Inc. These two individuals deserve our thanks and deepest gratitude for being in the trenches, keeping all of us informed, devoting many, many hours (I'm sure) to keep YOU and ME informed.
Protect your dogs, protect your rights! Stay informed! The information is there...choosing to turn a blind eye to the laws that will impact all of us is a terrible disservice to the dogs we profess to love.
What are you waiting for, subscribe to The Monthly National Legislation Report NOW! Just do it, k?
Friday, December 12, 2008
If every one of us that own and/or breed animals, would make a commitment to educating the public -at- large on the dangers of the AR movement, we could drastically turn the tide!
We must take back our rights that are being stripped away one by one. It will take talking to people and explaining the AR agenda. But if every animal owner would commit to a personal pledge to talk to at least 50 people (neighbors, co-workers, family, fellow dog fanciers, auto mechanics, doctors, you get the picture), just 5 minutes out of our day, when the opportunity presents itself, think of what a dent we could make in changing the war on public opinion. Take the "Got 50?" challenge! It will work!
How do we take back our rights? It won't be easy. What we all must do (no matter what breed, no matter if one breeds or not) is work to change the arena of public opinion. There are far more animal owners in this country that take care of their animals than those that abuse/neglect them. We have to change the tide and become the "experts" in the areas of animal welfare/husbandry practices, NOT national special interest lobbying groups. Who knows better how to care for a litter of puppies? Breeders who have their hands-on their animals on a daily basis, or the H$US...
1. Take back "our language": The ARs have successfully over the past few decades determined which words will be used to "describe" this breeder from that breeder, this owner from that one over there. Part of winning the battle will be to take back our language. It's a powerful thing. We have to STOP letting them define who we are. STOP putting the power in their hands.
a. Words like 'puppymill' and 'backyard breeder' are derogatory and are used as part of their divide and conquer strategy to turn breeder against breeder. And it's worked. Keep in mind there is NO LEGAL definition of these terms. They are both subjective and highly devisive as both terms mean different things to everyone. We must stop using these two words. If someone doesn't agree with the way "Suzy Q' breeds or "raises" her dogs, fine. Labels like these are subject to change at any time by the ARs...REMEMBER: there are no "good" breeders in their eyes, so no matter what one does with their breeding program or how they raise their dogs, it will never be good enough.
b. Stop using words like furbaby, pet parent, etc...: While these words conjure up fuzzy-wuzzy feel good feelings, they take away from the fact that animals are indeed, animals. Not human. Animals are our personal property. Period. The ARs have convinced JQP that thinking of animals as property means one doesn't care or love their animals. It also insinuates that someone who uses these terms (vs someone who does not) TRULY cares MORE about their animals...Again, devisive terms.
c. "Guardian": Has a definition in the law already. If we, as owners, are changed to "guardians" under the law, this opens up a whole new can of worms. Namely, our animals won't be our property anymore, since the word "guardian" in legal terms refers to humans and has limits as to what one can and can't do. We seriously DON'T want to go there. We are OWNERS, plain and simple. Using this word won't make someone take better care of their animals as proponets claim. It does, however, put animals one step closer to human status...which is part of their game plan.
d. "Adopt": Again, animals are property. Whenver money exchanges hands for an animal, whether it's from a shelter/rescue or a breeder, it's a sale. This in no way means that I am against rescues or shelters or that I don't realize what great things these folks do, but we have to call a spade a spade. Again, it's a term designed to solicit emotion and cause divisiveness. It doesn't make someone a better owner because of where they obtained their dog. I've known many, many people who have "adopted" that can be just as abusive as people who have "bought" from a breeder. Humans are adopted, dogs are bought/sold.
2. STOP Donating to the H$US and PeTA: Tell your friends, etc, what they are REALLY about. Stop donating to the very groups that will use your hard earned money against all of US! Instead, donate locally to a shelter or rescue, where the money will actually be used FOR the animals: instead of going to fund major lobbying groups. (Friends Don't Let Friends Donate to H$U$ or PeTA)
3. Get To Know Your Local Media: Newspapers, tv, radio....someone with a blog. Make relationships with them and issue press releases when your club or group is doing something good. The media jumps at the chance to cover anything the mighty H$US says...we have to become more public in our activities. They may not be receptive at first, and not everything will get picked up. BUT, persistent, well written press releases about what your group is doing will get attention. Write press releases for every dog show, responsible dog ownership days (my club got GREAT coverage on ours) etc. Write columns for your local paper: training, ownership, housebreaking, LEGIALATIVE ISSUES...my local paper has asked me from time to time to write about Rottweilers, it's great P.R. and it's free! Start your own blog, these get picked up by search engines and are a FREE way to get our message across! (I just started mine this week)
4. Write Letters To the Editor (LTE): With the Holiday Season here, our enemies will be out to solicit funds from our wallets. Write a LTE explaining how these groups DO NOT use their money for your local shelter or to help animals. Explain that the H$US relies on the very confusion that their name invokes to get donations from well-meaning animal lovers across the country. EXPOSE them for what they are, but be FACTUAL. ( There are many sources to get this from, if anyone needs help, I'm always available via private email.) More FREE exposure to our cause!
5. Make Your Club/Group More Public: Many, many average pet owners feel those of us in the fancy are "snobby" and "unapproachable."...Also, the public at large has no clue what purebred dog clubs are about. Take advantage of community-type fairs and set up an information booth explaining the benefits of purebred dogs and their ownership. Become the voice of true "animal welfare", explaining that national special interest groups have no day-to-day interaction with animals, WE DO. Support a charity or cause that the public an easily identify with: raise money for a local search and rescue team, set up a "walk with the dogs" for "x" cause...Name a "dog hero" of the year and publicize it (our club did this as well). There are many more ideas, but you get the picture. As a result, your club/group may get fresh, new members. AND you've created a feeling of "good will" in the community.
There is no "magic pill" to any of this. And there are lots more suggestions.
Remember: The ARs have had decades to brainwash us and we aren't going to change public opinion overnight. But by all of us working together for a common cause (protecting our rights to own and breed), we CAN turn the tide.
The most important thing to remember is this: This is a war of "US" vs "THEM". The "THEM" in this war isn't breeders/owners we don't agree with or don't like, the "THEM" is the Animal Rightists and their foot-soldiers. THEY are the enemy. STOP the fighting amongst ourselves...NOW. Before it's too late for any of us.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
hear from us when we fax or email about a piece of legislation but we all know they rarely read
those messages, they simply tally pros and cons. A card will be a personal, positive contact.
The aim here is to have each official receive a Christmas/Holiday/New Year's greeting from their dog (cat) owning constituents. We ask that you send cards to your Governor, district officials as well as your city and county officials. At best this would only involve sending an extra dozen cards which will have you and your dog's (or cat's) photo and a comment such as those listed below. If these officials are people you voted for, state that you have supported them in the past and hope to continue your support. If you did not vote for them let them know that depending on their position on dog related issues, you would certainly consider changing party affiliation to support the candidate most sensitive to the interests of their pet owning constituency.
trophies. Sign the card “Proud owner of an AKC Champion (breed)”.
sheep, whatever, and sign the card, “Proud working partner to a (title/event) dog. i.e. “Proud
working partner to a Field Trial Champion (breed)”.
the card, “Proud owner of a Canine Good Citizen (breed)”.
child. Sign the card, “Active partners bringing joy to shut-ins, Mary and Fluffy”.
yourself and the dog - preferably working or “in uniform” and sign the card, “proudly serving the community of (city/county) with Search and Rescue efforts, Mary and Sport”.
performing a service like opening the door or retrieving something. Sign the card, “Blessed with
the service of “Fluffy” my service dog and constant companion, Mary Smith”.
and some kids and sign the it, “Proudly helping children to read better, John and Rex”.
“Enthusiastic participants in the sport of Agility, Speedy and Mary Smith”.
card, “Proud Adopter of Charlie, rescue dog from (shelter/rescue group), The Jones Family”.
responsible hobby breeder, The Smith Family”.
· Successfully hosting all breed shows in (city/county) for XXX years.
· Successfully helping owners train their dogs to be good citizens in (city/county).
· Providing quality medical care to (city/county) pets.
· Keeping (city/county) canine residents well groomed for xxx years.
· Proudly re-homing “thrown away” dogs and cats in (city/county) to new forever homes.
elected officials. If enough people do this, including friends and family with photos of them, the
kids, and the family pet(s) signed “Happily sharing family life with our (breed/mixed) dog(s)”,
legislators will realize just how many constituents are out there with pets. You could even neatly
write at the bottom of the card, “My Dog Votes”.
to what you will suffer should anti-dog legislation be enacted in your community, county, or state.
judges, veterinarians, groomers, and pet owners. Together we can make a positive impression on our officials - let them know we are out there; let them know we are voters; let them put faces to their 2 and 4 footed constituents.
The American Rottweiler Club has partnered with the DPCA in issuing this Challenge. Will your
club or organization join us?
Dana M. Johnson Jan Cooper
DPCA Legislative Director ARC Legislative Chair
appropriated addresses for state and local officials – making it very easy for members and friends to participate in this effort.
Art Work by Deborah McClelland, Jarde English Cockers
Sunday, November 30, 2008
"Seger" demonstrating his finesse` on ducks for the first time
"Lynyrd guides the little lamb"
This is why I fight for my rights, and the rights of others, to own and breed purebred dogs. It's imperative to be able to preserve and protect them if we want to have future generations of herders, retrievers, ratters and companions.
Hopefully, this will give ya'll some insight as to why I'm such an opponent of the animal rights agenda...and why we must all join together to banish the notion of animals having "rights".
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Here it is, in my own words, exactly what we are facing as dog owners..blunt, passionate and to the point.
"We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore!"
Dog lovers everywhere should be shouting this mantra from the rooftops today: as it is a sad day for our society, and our dogs.
Another part of our great country fell today to the propaganda being spouted by the ARs (Animal Rightists)...Palm Beach County, Florida. Just a few days ago, it was the "City of Angels" herself, Los Angeles, CA. And as of this writing, the final vote there will take place on February 8, 2008. "What's the deal?", you ask. Read on.
Mandatory spay/neuter (MSN) laws (laws designed to end "pet overpopulation" by forcing law abiding dog owners to castrate their animals or be a criminal) are being proposed and passed faster than we can keep up with. Sad. Considering that we, the breeders, owners, exhibitors, and pet owners, outnumber the AR fanatics proposing such laws. We all have a voice, a mind...a thinking, reasoning brain! Why is it increasingly so easy for "them" (the Animal Rightists) to have their lies and propaganda swallowed and accepted as the "gospel"? Have we, the American voters, put into office, people so dense that they can't see a constitutional violation when it smacks 'em upside their heads? Is the American public that gullible as well, that we are willing to let our rights to own property be taken away? Sad.
The answer to the first question is fairly easy to answer: the ARs have had since the 1980's to get their act together, spreading the "overpopulation" myth to lawmakers and the gullible, trusting public. "Give us your money! We will save the animals!" They warned us they were here...they spoke of their "true" agenda. An agenda so outlandish that we all laughed at the notion of a "no pet nation", and "animal liberation" for all animals, including DOGS! While going about our daily routines, ignoring the ketchup throwing, loud-mouthed "nuts", at the forefront was PETA (People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals), an extremist group that thrived on media attention to further their "don't wear fur" and "animals aren't food"...blah, blah...They were so "out there" to the majority of JQ Public, that we ignored them, or laughed when a T.V. station showed their latest antics. But the money still rolled in...by the millions. "Just a little more time, and we can put our plan in motion against the unsuspecting, trusting, gullible pet owning public. Step by step", as they smiled their smug little smiles.
Enter into the picture H$U$ (Humane Society of the United States), what a lot of people call "PeTa in a suit and tie", or the "cleaned up for Sunday dinner" version of their counterpart in crime, PeTa. While PeTa was raking in millions from the Hollyweird jet-set, and the public, H$U$ had a more "warm, fuzzy wuzzy All-American" appeal, designed to rake in the BILLIONS from the Average Joe Pet Owner. The plan worked. Two of the most dangerous Animal Right's groups to ever set foot on God's green earth had the money rolling in from ALL facets of American society: from the obscenely weathly, to the middle class dog owner, they were building an empire with which to carry out their ultimate dream: End ALL pet ownership. Again, we laughed at this notion, all the while sending in those donations for those cute little return address labels.
I must mention at this point that NEITHER organization operates an animal shelter, nor assists shelters. The donations sent in for the past several decades has all gone to lobbying, paying lavish salaries to employees, and spouting their "overpopulation" and "abuse" propaganda. H$U$ kept a lower profile than PeTa, making them more acceptable to the average American pet owner. All they had to do was release another video of a "puppymill" raid to the media, showing doggies in cages and deplorable conditions, and the money rolled in again. Throw in a few comments from the local shelter of choice stating how "overcrowded" they are...and BAM! Public sympathy and dough out the ying-yang!
So now we've had several decades of "overpopulation" brainwashing, video upon video of dogs being used as personal ATMs living in filth, along with the gradual addition of "all breeders are evil and greedy, not just the "puppymills" and "backyard breeders""...and eventually someone had to say it: "There oughtta be a law! Some way to STOP it all!"
In strolls the ARs..."We have a solution! Pass a law that mandates castration at 16 weeks of age (since most dogs are capable of being bred at an early age) for ALL dogs!" And the "overpopulation" problem is solved! What???? Someone in the government is FORCING me to have a surgical procedure done on MY dog? What if I don't want to??? What if I can't afford it?? What if I can't afford the astronomically high dollar "intact animal" permit?? Ahhh, then you are deemed a criminal if you do not abide, and, gee, if you can't afford such a procedure, then, well, you'll have to surrender your dog to the shelter!
But wait! Aren't the shelters overcrowded already? What will happen to my dog if I surrender it? If all the dogs are castrated, who will breed the service dogs, and police dogs, and drug dogs and the quality bred purebreds? Why, that's simple! There won't be any! And they begin to see their decades of work of spreading propaganda pay off!.....
When are we going to wake up and take back control of our RIGHTS and our PROPERTY?
When are we going to wake up and join forces and take back what is rightfully ours? Do you wait until the floodwater is lapping at your own door before you begin to try to save your property?
Sadly, that has what has happened to our rights when it comes to our dogs. We have all sat back and watched as cities and states have been taken over by the lies of overpopulation. And now we're ALL drowning in it. Some people simply looked the other way, while others decided that since it wasn't "their city or their state", it wasn't "their problem" and "that law will never pass!" For those who continue to bury their heads in the proverbial sand, can you say , "Lousiville, Ky", "ALB, New Mexico", "The entire STATE OF MAINE!"???? Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin! These laws are a REAL threat to our dogs and our Constitutional Rights!
The time is now. Now is the time to stand up and get mad! Get Proactive! Spend just a measly 5 minutes per week writing, emailing or faxing the powers that be in whatever state is under fire!
Don't wait until it's "your dog", stand up NOW and make your voice heard! Dog owners outnumber the ARs by the hundreds of thousands! Imagine what a difference we could ALL make by taking 5 minutes out of a WEEK to write a letter! Imagine further if we banded together as a single voice and turned the tables on them! Stand up for YOUR dogs, YOUR rights, get active! Donate to groups that are working hard on OUR side, such as the National Animal Interest Alliance (and numerous others)
"I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
Friday, November 28, 2008
Every year at Thanksgiving, we each tell one thing we are thankful for. Ok, so I can't narrow it down to one thing..
I am thankful for lots of things: my family, good friends, my dogs, being in general good health, my dogs...and the unconditional love they give me each and every day.
I am thankful that my husband (who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis) has not had any bad flare-ups lately and has been able to get around without his cane for several months now.
I am thankful for my mother...and her friendship as I've gotten older. (Yeah, I was a hellion in my younger days.)
I am thankful for my good friends, the ones I've had since childhood and the ones I've made since becoming involved "in dogs".
I am thankful to still live in a country that allows us freedoms: religion, speech, personal choices...that other countries don't have.
Did I mention I am thankful for my dogs??? Asta, Seger, Lynyrd, Ethel, and Tori...all Rottweilers 'cept one, Ethel...I'm not sure what mix she is, but she fits in here and will always have Honorary Rottweiler status.
I love them all dearly and have done without sometimes to make sure they have what they need. I have stayed up late at night worrying when one is sick...I still cry sometimes thinking of the ones that are no longer with me.
I make choices for my dogs and their care. Food, medicine, procedures...all are my choices and mine alone. For now.
Tomorrow, my mom and a close friend are going to enjoy a movie....probably 'Twilight'.
I am going to try to take the weekend "off" and just "be". And enjoy all of the things that I like to do....with the people I love and that love me.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I voted, but I never paid much attention as to how those I voted for stood on animal issues.
While the choice for our next U.S. Secretary of Agriculture lies in the hands of president-elect Barack Obama and not in the polls, we at least have the opportunity to "campaign" for whom we think is best suited for the job.
By way of Obama's website, Change.gov , we have the opportunity to urge the appointment of the only logical choice for our next U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Charles Stenholm.
When I say Stenholm is the obvious choice, it isn't solely because his appointment is being opposed by the wealthy animal rights group, The Humane Society of The United States. (Heads up, America: When The H$U$ opposes someone, you can bet that person is someone on OUR side and therefore, FOR animals!) There are many reasons Charles Stenholm is the man for the job, including:
- Charles Stenholm is FOR animal welfare and strongly OPPOSES animal rights
- Charles Stenholm served on the House Agriculture Committee
- Charles Stenholm OPPOSED the U.S. Horse Slaughter Bill (another "well intentioned" law that has left thousands of horse owners with no humane way of disposing of elderly horses or horses they can no longer afford to care for)
- Charles Stenholm was a farmer and rancher in Texas
Charles Stenholm is a man who "gets it" and isn't afraid to stand up and put the mighty H$U$ in their place, as evidenced by his testimony given before the House Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy and Poultry, May 8, 2007 : (excerpted, for his full testimony, click here)
..."While the livestock industry has a long history of supporting animal welfare, many activist groups such as PETA, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), and Farm Sanctuary have used falsehoods and scare tactics to push their hidden agendas of fundraising and systematically abolishing all use of animals, including production agriculture, zoos, circuses, and sporting events. These groups campaign for animal “rights,” which is not synonymous with animal welfare, using half-truths or complete deception. "
What can I say, the man "gets it" and is FOR animal welfare! Isn't that what we all want, someone over the USDA that cares for the welfare of animals and realizes their value in American society?
We NEED our next Secretary of Agriculture to stand up to the animal rights bullies. Stenholm can and has done that!
Yep, Charles Stenholm is the ONLY choice for this very important position.
With P.U.P.S looming in the not-so-distant future (and God knows what other AR driven bills), all dog owners (and cow and hog and chicken farmers) MUST urge president-elect Obama to appoint Charles Stenholm for the next U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
Visit the following website for more info on Stenholm: Ontheissues.org
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Aurora, CO Breed Ban Upheld
This morning, I turned on my computer to find not just one, but several pieces of bad news. The first being Aurora, CO, involving their ban on "pit bulls". This week, a local dog owner teamed with the American Canine Foundation in Federal Court hoping to overturn Aurora's ban. On Wednesday, November 19, 2008, Chief U.S. District Judge Wiley Y. Daniel ruled in favor of the city. To read more, to to the Denver Post .
This was a heartbreaking decision to many dog owners as we were desperately hoping this case could be used to set precedent and to give some kind of justice to those dog owners who have had their dogs taken away, simply because of their breed. Remember the ARs agenda: they don't want us to own ANY pets (or any animal for that matter). BSL (breed specific legislation) helps with that agenda by making it illegal or practically impossible, to own certain breeds of dogs. NO BREED is safe from BSL.
HAS THE AVMA CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE?
Out of the blue, the American Veterinary Medical Association changed the wording on their position regarding tail docking and ear cropping. Their stance on docking and cropping for "cosmetic" reasons is nothing new, however, their newly revised position statement (as of 11/2008) has made my blood run cold: (from the AVMA website)
Lawmakers, guided by the ever-helpful AR nuts, have tried in various parts of the country to ban the practice of docking and cropping. But, we American purebred dog owners don't give up that easily. What better way to eventually ban the practice than by getting the AVMA on board with their agenda? I predict with the AVMA on the side of the Animal Rightists, we will see an onslaught of legislation aimed at doing away with the practices.
The AVMA stopped just short of "forbidding" their veterinarians from performing the procedures. It's time to talk to your veterinarian and URGE them to write to the AVMA. We, as dog owners, have to get the veterinarians on OUR SIDE.
We need our vets, and our vets need US! Animals are the sole reason for a vet being in business. Without our animals, the vets will be out of business.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
2) Beginning on the day of NFL quarterback Michael Vick’s 2007 dogfighting indictment, HSUS raised money online with the false promise that it would “care for the dogs seized in the Michael Vick case.” The New York Times later reported that HSUS wasn’t caring for Vick’s dogs at all. And HSUS president Wayne Pacelle told the Times that his group recommended that government officials “put down” (that is, kill) the dogs rather than adopt them out to suitable homes. HSUS later quietly altered its Internet fundraising pitch.
3) HSUS’s senior management includes a former spokesman for the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), a criminal group designated as “terrorists” by the FBI. HSUS president Wayne Pacelle hired John “J.P.” Goodwin in 1997, the same year Goodwin described himself as “spokesperson for the ALF” while he fielded media calls in the wake of an ALF arson attack at a California veal processing plant. In 1997, when asked by reporters for a reaction to an ALF arson fire at a farmer’s feed co-op in Utah (which nearly killed a family sleeping on the premises), Goodwin replied, “We’re ecstatic.” That same year, Goodwin was arrested at a UC Davis protest celebrating the 10-year anniversary of an ALF arson at the university that caused $5 million in damage. And in 1998, Goodwin described himself publicly as a “former member of ALF.”
4) According to a 2008 Los Angeles Times investigation, less than 12 percent of money raised for HSUS by California telemarketers actually ends up in HSUS’s bank account. The rest is kept by professional fundraisers. And if you exclude two campaigns run for HSUS by the “Build-a-Bear Workshop” retail chain, which consisted of the sale of surplus stuffed animals (not really “fundraising”), HSUS’s yield number shrinks to just 3 percent. Sadly, this appears typical. In 2004, HSUS ran a telemarketing campaign in Connecticut with fundraisers who promised to return a minimum of zero percent of the proceeds. The campaign raised over $1.4 million. Not only did absolutely none of that money go to HSUS, but the group paid $175,000 for the telemarketing work.
5) Research shows that HSUS’s heavily promoted U.S. “boycott” of Canadian seafood—announced in 2005 as a protest against Canada’s annual seal hunt—is a phony exercise in media manipulation. A 2006 investigation found that 78 percent of the restaurants and seafood distributors described by HSUS as “boycotters” weren’t participating at all. Nearly two-thirds of them told surveyors they were completely unaware HSUS was using their names in connection with an international boycott campaign. Canada’s federal government is on record about this deception, saying: “Some animal rights groups have been misleading the public for years … it’s no surprise at all that the richest of them would mislead the public with a phony seafood boycott.”
6) HSUS raised a reported $34 million in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, supposedly to help reunite lost pets with their owners. But comparatively little of that money was spent for its intended purpose. Louisiana’s Attorney General shuttered his 18-month-long investigation into where most of these millions went, shortly after HSUS announced its plan to contribute $600,000 toward the construction of an animal shelter on the grounds of a state prison. Public disclosures of the disposition of the $34 million in Katrina-related donations add up to less than $7 million.
7) After gathering undercover video footage of improper animal handling at a Chino, CA slaughterhouse during November of 2007, HSUS sat on its video evidence for three months, even refusing to share it with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. HSUS’s Dr. Michael Greger testified before Congress that the San Bernardino County (CA) District Attorney’s office asked the group “to hold on to the information while they completed their investigation.” But the District Attorney’s office quickly denied that account, even declaring that HSUS refused to make its undercover spy available to investigators if the USDA were present at those meetings. Ultimately, HSUS chose to release its video footage at a more politically opportune time, as it prepared to launch a livestock-related ballot campaign in California. Meanwhile, meat from the slaughterhouse continued to flow into the U.S. food supply for months.
Copyright © 1997-2008 Center for Consumer Freedom. Tel: 202-463-7112.
Since I don't want to show "favoritism" toward just one of the human-hater groups, I'm also including the "7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA" below. Again, this is also available for printing from the Center For Consumer Freedom website. (plus LOTS of other great info on the antis!)
7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA
2) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means the complete abolition of meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, zoos, aquariums, circuses, wool, leather, fur, silk, hunting, fishing, and pet ownership. In a 2003 profile of Newkirk in The New Yorker, author Michael Specter wrote that Newkirk has had at least one seeing-eye dog taken away from its blind owner. PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals, including research aimed at curing AIDS and cancer.
3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to Rodney Coronado, an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) serial arsonist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing memorandum, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich has also told an animal rights convention that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation,” adding, “Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it.”
4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, even waiting outside their schools to intercept them without notifying their parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 1.2 million minor children, including 30,000 kids between the ages of 6 and 12, all contacted by e-mail without parental supervision. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”
5) PETA’s president has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.” And PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, solely because they support animal-based research aimed at curing life-threatening diseases and birth defects. And PETA helped to start and manage a quasi-medical front group, the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, to attack medical research head-on.
6) PETA has compared Jewish victims of the Nazi Holocaust to farm animals and Jesus Christ to pigs. PETA’s religious campaigns include a website that claims—despite ample evidence to the contrary—that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn’t be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compared the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide to farm animals.
7) PETA frequently looks the other way when its celebrity spokespersons don’t practice what it preaches. As gossip bloggers and Hollywood journalists have noted, Pamela Anderson’s Dodge Viper (auctioned to benefit PETA) had a “luxurious leather interior”; Jenna Jameson was photographed fishing, slurping oysters, and wearing a leather jacket just weeks after launching an anti-leather campaign for PETA; Morrissey got an official “okay” from PETA after eating at a steakhouse; Dita von Teese has written about her love of furs and foie gras; Steve-O built a career out of abusing small animals on film; the officially “anti-fur” Eva Mendes often wears fur anyway; and Charlize Theron’s celebrated October 2007 Vogue cover shoot featured several suede garments. In 2008, “Baby Phat” designer Kimora Lee Simmons became a PETA spokesmodel despite working with fur and leather, after making a $20,000 donation to the animal rights group.
© 1997-2008 Center For Consumer Freedom. All Rights Reserved. View Privacy Statement
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I have heard rumors that there were dirty deeds being commited by Animal Control...and now this story as covered by WHAS11, "Man's Puppies Taken After Undercover Sting"
In my opinion, this is abuse of power: Taking one's property without a warrant...demanding entry into someone's home....scaring the daylights out of property owners and their children....what is going on???
The last time I checked, Louisville has REAL problems with REAL crime....I guess now being an "unlicensed dog breeder" puts you in the same category as the rapists and murderers. Sad.
Oh, did I mention that the puppies taken were "pitbulls"? Interesting, since the draconian Louisville dog ordinance was originally written as BSL (breed specific legislation) against the "breed", but was amended to remove breed specific language. I guess the Animal Rightists will wipe out the "breed" in that city no matter what....even if it means denying people their Constitutional Rights.
Wonder if the dogs would have been confiscated if they were, say Dachshunds? Hmmmm....
We, as dog owners and breeders, are under constant fire from Animal Rights groups (ARs). By pushing for legislation such as mandatory spay/neuter (MSN), breed specific legislation (BSL), and breeder permits and the like, our RIGHTS to own, breed, and use animals are being stripped away little by little. With the recent passing of Proposition 2 in California, the ARs are seeing to it that Americans will have to pay through the nose for staples such as eggs and chicken. But, hey, as long as the chickens are happy, that's all that matters, right? To hell with us evil humans!
Using the guise of "animal welfare", The Humane Society of the United States (H$U$) has grown into the wealthiest and most powerful Animal Rights group in the world. Their very name invokes confusion among its many donors. The H$U$ is NOT an animal shelter. The H$U$ does NOT operate shelters around the country. The H$U$ does NOT use it's millions and millions of dollars to help feed animals, nor does it give money to shelters for day to day operations in caring for these animals.
So, what DO they DO with all of that dough??? The H$U$ lobbies. The H$U$ pushes for more and more restrictive laws concerning pets, breeders, and livestock used for food. The H$U$ would like nothing more than to make the United States of America a vegan country: no more animals used in ANY way. NOT for food, NOT for entertainment (circuses, zoos, rodeos), NOT for much needed medical testing for diseases such as AIDS, cancer, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis....NOT even as pets.
Of course, no one in their right mind would donate to such a group if they were up front from the beginning and explained, "Hey, we want everybody to be a vegan and we want ALL animals to live and die free from their human oppressors"...That kind of agenda doesn't appeal to the millions and millions of us that like a good steak and enjoy our pets, does it? That kind of honesty wouldn't generate millions of dollars in donations now, would it? Of course NOT!
So, to be able to rake in the big bucks, the H$U$ continues to allow the public to believe that all of those millions goes to "help the animals", using the very confusion their name invokes to their advantage. The H$U$ is the master of manipulation. They manipulate our emotions, our sense of decency, manipulate our love and need for animals...and manipulate our dollars out of our wallets and into their war chest: all to be used to further their own sick, socialist agenda.
What can we do to STOP THE MADNESS and take back OUR RIGHTS and become the voice of REASON? It's very elementary: STOP GIVING THEM MONEY! STOP GIVING THEM POWER BY USING THEIR LANGUAGE! These are two very basic things EVERYONE can do and MUST do if us sane folk are to take back our animals and our rights to own and breed them.
What do I mean by "stop giving them power by using their language"? The Animal Rightists (ARs) are masters of manipulation. They use words that make us "feel good", especially when it comes to our pets. The following list of words should be removed from our vocabularies immediately, as each time we utter them, we yield more power and control to the enemy:
1. "Guardian": This term has a completely different legal meaning than "owner". "Guardians" do not "own" what they are "overseeing". Dogs are property, therefore, we OWN them. We are responsible for their care and we are responsible for their actions. If the word "guardian" is replaced in current laws, who will make the decisions concerning their care? Who will be financially responsible for any damages they may do? The "idea" behind using this fuzzy wuzzy term is that by labeling us "guardians", it will "make" people be more kind and treat their animals more "humane".
2. "Backyard Breeder": A derogatory term used to describe someone who "doesn't breed the way WE think they should", on a small scale, with a small number of dogs.....Used among the dog showing community to separate "us" from "them"...."good" from "bad"....(the whole divide and conquer thing)
3. "Puppy Mill": This term could fill a website all on it's own. Like it's cousin, the "backyard breeder", a "puppy mill" is reserved for anyone who "doesn't breed the way WE think they should" as well, except it's original intent was to describe the "filthy deplorable conditions of commercial breeders" and for breeders that "have hundreds of dogs and dozens of breeds and breeds every bitch every time they come in heat" (aka, USDA licensed breeders, you know, the ones that sell all of those sick/psychotic puppies to pet shops). Also used among breeders to separate "us" from "them" and "good" from "bad". The H$U$ has used this one to its advantage big time, lobbying for laws in several states (carefully worded, mind you) to "stop the puppy mills"...But what is a "puppy mill"? There is no legal definition. The H$U$ is quickly changing its meaning to cover anyone that sells over the internet, or thru classified ads. How many "show breeders" do you know that have websites? The gap is closing....more on this subject later.
4. "Adopt/Adoption": Another emotionally charged "feel good" term. Since we've already established the fact that dogs are property, any time money is exchanged for goods, that means you "buy" something under the law: whether the animal comes from a shelter, rescue or breeder, you are giving money in exchange for something. "Adopt" is another divide and conquer word. By using mottos such as "save a life, adopt" and "don't breed or buy while shelter animals die", it gives people the feeling of "doing good"...while at the same time saying that "buying from a breeder" is bad. (very clever on the ARs part, divide the rescue/shelter community from the "evil breeders") (Important note: there are great shelters and rescues out there, there are some that are not so great...just like there are great and not so great breeders)
There are others, but these are the "Big 4" in my book. If we are going to win the war for our animals and our rights to own them, the simple act of NOT using their language is a valuable tool. It's way past time to stop the madness. The time to UNITE is NOW. ALL breeders, ALL animal owners and livestock farmers are in danger of losing our constitutional rights to our property (i.e, our animals).
Which side will YOU be on? Remember: The "US" in the war of "us vs them", is "US" means all breeders and animal owners from all walks of life, the "THEM" are the Animal Rights groups.
Will you become one of US? Or will you continue to allow the AR groups to use YOU (and your hard earned dollars) against us?