When PETA first came on the scene in the 1980's, the general concensus was "what a bunch of fruitcakes!" The overwhelming majority of animal owners laughed at their nude antics and talk of "Animal Liberation" and "Animal Rights"...INSANE!
We ignored them. We continued on our merry way, going about our day-to-day routines and enjoying our animals and animal related activities. Hunters hunted, fishermen fished, pet owners bought/sold/bred/showed/trained...great advances were made in human and animal medicine. No worries. Life was good. For now.
The ARs told "us" of their plan, their goals...we didn't listen. A nation as great as ours could NEVER allow such lunacy to prevail, right??? NO animal use?, c'mon! NO pets?, "no way!" If only more of us had paid attention to what they were saying...changing the language and playing on human emotion...using "us" to push their socialist agenda : "Guardianship" instead of 'ownership', "don't breed or buy while shelter animals die!", "animals have a right NOT to be eaten!"... Laws were passed while we slept, making it more and more difficult/expensive to own pets...laws were passed villifying hunters...scientists were (and continue to be) ATTACKED for doing important animal medical testing, corporations such as KFC, have been the victims of media- terrorist- tactics aimed at destroying honest businesses...
So, unless, dear readers, you want to become a nation of tofu burgers on the grill on the 4th of July, unless you DO NOT want a choice as to where your next purebred dog comes from...it is way past time to wake up and JOIN THE CRUSADE.
The following 12 Step plan was published in 1987, when the concept of Animal Rights was as foreign as fuzz on a frog's ass. Look at this list VERY CAREFULLY. ( Over the coming weeks, The Endangered Owner will look at each of these steps individually, so check back.)
Each and every item on that list is being attacked by PETA and the HSUS. And for all of you pet owners out there that STILL do not believe the Animal Rightists want to end ALL PET BREEDING, read item number 10.
From “Politics of Animal Liberation”by Kim Bartlett,published in ANIMAL AGENDA, November 1987
1. Abolish by law all animal research
2. Outlaw the use of animals for cosmetic and product testing, classroom demonstration and in weapons development
3. Vegetarian meals should be made available at all public institutions, including schools
4. Eliminate all animal agriculture
5. No herbicides, pesticides or other agricultural chemicals. Outlaw predator control.
6. Transfer enforcement of animal welfare legislation away from the Department of Agriculture
7. Eliminate fur ranching and the use of furs.
8. Prohibit hunting, trapping and fishing.
9. End the international trade in wildlife goods
10. Stop any further breeding of companion animals, including purebred dogs and cats. Spaying and neutering should be subsidized by state and municipal governments. Abolish commerce in animals for the pet trade.
11. End the use of animals in entertainment and sports.
12. Prohibit the genetic manipulation of species.
NOTE: This was written in 1987, long before genetic engineering and cloning. In this context, “genetic manipulation” means selective breeding”
Cross posting is highly encouraged and welcomed. Post this message anyplace that it will be read by those folks still unaware of what is happening to our rights and to our culture.