I write this to you today with the greatest of urgency! In case you are unaware, there is a huge scam currently underway in the United States.
The Humane Society of the United States calls itself the world's "largest animal protection organization" and claims to "help rescue thousands of animals in need every year". WHAT A CROCK!
Do not be fooled by their "wolf in sheep's clothing" leader, Wayne Pacelle; and do not think for one minute that your "$19 a month" donation will make it close to helping dogs and cats in need. In fact, according to the H$U$ 2008 tax return, less than 1/2 of ONE PERCENT actually goes to the direct care of animals!
A donation to this extremist animal rights organization (cleverly disguised as animal welfare) will go toward such worthy causes as:
- Legislation to cripple animal agriculture and make the food that we eat more expensive
- Legislation to incrementally take away YOUR RIGHTS to own and breed dogs and cats
- Legislation to take away YOUR RIGHTS to hunt and trap
- Lobbying state and local officials for forfeiture and/or seizure bond laws in animal abuse cases (before anyone has been convicted of anything!)
So, dear friends, what can you do to help stop this atrocity??? It is very simple!
- Write your U.S. Congressman and urge him/her to contact the IRS Fraud Division and request that this phony "animal welfare" group be investigated
- Write the IRS Fraud Division yourself and request such an investigation
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper to alert members of your community that if they donate to the H$U$, less than 1/2 of ONE PERCENT of their money will go to actually helping animals in need in shelters
- Start a blog, and in the blog title or header include the phrase, "Join The Crusade Against HSUS"; search engines like Google love blogs. The more blogs we link together, the higher up in rankings our message will be!
From one true animal lover to another, thank you for your prompt attention to this very grave matter.
And, your animals will thank you too; they depend on US, not a multi-million dollar phony "animal protection organization".
The Endangered Owner,
blogger/animal lover/purebred dog owner, exhibitor and breeder